CYCOS activities are:
FREE: There is no cost associated with activities or programs provided by CYCOS. We simply ask all young people sign up to become a CYCOS Member.
SAFE: CYCOS activities are fully supervised by professional youth workers. The youth centre and all of the activities and excursions we run are drug and alcohol free. To maintain a safe environment for the young people at the centre, we encourage non-violent behaviour.
INCLUSIVE: At CYCOS we welcome and encourage young people from all walks of life. CYCOS aims to be a safe and accessible place for all young people regardless of gender, sexuality, race, religion, background, abilities, political view, culture or language. CYCOS celebrates the rich diversity that is youth culture.
FUN: CYCOS seeks to provide a service which is responsive to the needs and interests of the young people in the area. In consultation with young people we plan and deliver initiatives that are fun, engaging and youth led.
Drop In is where young people can hang out, meet new people, have fun, learn new skills, find information and get help.
We offer Drop In at various venues locations around the Cessnock local government area.
To keep up to date with our Drop In calendar please follow us on Facebook.
Our youth workers facilitate a range of school based programs for primary and high school students across the Cessnock Local Government Area.
These programs focus on themes such as health and wellbeing, positive relationships and crime prevention.
Throughout the year CYCOS presents and participates in a number of community events.
These include Youth Week events, Skate Comps, NAIDOC Week events, Spring Awakening Festival, Cessnock Walks Kawuma.
Keep an eye out for us at the next community event!
School holiday programs
During the school holidays CYCOS offers a program of activities to keep young people entertained and engaged.
The calendar includes a range of workshops, competitions, challenges and excursions.
To keep up to date with our school holidays calendar please follow us on Facebook.
Information & referral
CYCOS offers a range of initiatives to support, educate, engage and inspire young people as they transition to adulthood.
Adolescence can be a difficult stage to navigate and sometimes young people may require additional support. Our youth workers are closely connected with the wider youth network and skilled in making appropriate referrals to support services.
Free bike initiative
Cessnock Youth Centre and Outreach Service (CYCOS), Cessnock Bicycle Company and Contourscan invites young people who are experiencing hardship to apply for free bikes for social and sporting use.
Our aim is to promote health and well being amongst our local kids and get as many as we can on bikes to enjoy the vast amount of trails and natural wonders the Hunter Valley has to offer. Bicycles supplied under this charitable initiative could be used for general transport such as school or work travel, or to further a sporting pursuit in competitive cycling.
How to enter
Open to all Cessnock LGA residents aged 10-16 and applications are accepted at any time, year-round.
To enter, young people need to email their name, age, suburb and what they would do with a brand new bike to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be interviewed with their parent or guardian, and the recipient will be announced via email.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible to enter the competition entrants must live, work or go to school in the Cessnock LGA.
- Entrants must provide contact details, including name and email to receive the prize.
- Only one (1) entry to the competition per person will be accepted.
- This competition will have a winner selected based on their response to “what they would do with a brand new bike”
- Winning entry will be chosen by the organising group.
- Up to one (1) valid entry, as determined by Council Officers, will receive a prize.
- The randomly selected entrant will be awarded one Bike purchased from Cessnock Bicycle Company
- The prize winner will be notified via email
- The winning entrant will be required to collect the bike from either Cessnock Bicycle Company or Cessnock Youth Centre
- By entering the competition, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also voluntarily agrees that Council may use their entry as part of promotion for the event on social media.
To find out details about a specific program please email us at email@example.com.