Investing in our LGA
Why choose us?
The Cessnock Local Government Area (LGA) and Hunter region are experiencing dynamic change. Cessnock City offers many advantages for businesses looking to establish or expand:
- Highly accessible – within two hours from Sydney and within 1 hour of Newcastle
- Close proximity to expanding markets and growing population
- Ready access to a major export port
- Heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country
- Attractive setting: quality scenic, rural and natural environments
- Excellent range of services
- Affordable lands, low cost business environment
- High quality of life, affordable living, fast and easy commutes
Businesses are supported by a progressive business culture, ample infrastructure, personnel, and easy access to domestic and international markets.
Our LGA is a highly liveable area with an attractive setting, a great range of services and a location where affordability parallels a strong sense of community.
The Hunter Region is Australia’s largest regional economy. Any business wishing to relocate or set up will be supported for growth in Cessnock City.
Advance Cessnock City
Advance Cessnock City (ACC) is a dedicated business portal offering a one-stop-shop and engagement platform for local and prospective businesses.
The site features local business events, profiles and news, as well as information on starting a new business or how to find assistance for a new business.
ACC represents a strategic partnership between Council and the local Chambers of Commerce across the region.
E-news for businesses
If you're looking for assistance in growing your business, would like to be connected to free business advice or discover opportunities to upskill your staff, subscribe to the Advance Cessnock City e-news.
The newsletter is emailed fortnightly to the business community and always profiles a local business.