COVID-19 related closures
For the status of Council facilities and services during COVID-19 lockdown, and as restrictions ease, visit our COVID-19 page.
You can also stay up-to-date on our Facebook and Twitter pages or contact Council's Customer Relations team via the live chat on our homepage or phone on 02 4993 4100.
Council Picnic Day
On account of Council Employees Annual Picnic Day, the following temporary changes will apply to Council facilities and services this Friday 29 October:
- Council Offices - CLOSED
- Customer Service Centre - CLOSED
- Cessnock & Kurri Kurri Libraries - CLOSED
- Cessnock Performing Arts Centre - CLOSED (Visit www.cessnockperformingartscentre.com.au for online ticket sales)
- Cessnock Waste Management Centre - CLOSED
- Red Bin Collection - RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY 30 OCTOBER
- Yellow & Green Bin Collection - AS NORMAL
- Cessnock & Branxton Swimming Pools - CLOSED
- Kurri Kurri Aquatic Centre - OPEN NORMAL HOURS
- Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre - OPEN NORMAL HOURS
- Ranger Services - A Council Ranger will be on call for Friday 29 October 2021. In an emergency, please call the Police.
Emergency road closures
Sporting ground closures
All sporting grounds are currently closed. Find out more.
Sporting ground updates are also posted on Council's Facebook and Twitter pages.
All public BBQ and toilet facilities across the Cessnock Local Government Area are open with the exception of the public toilets at Col Brown Rotary Park, Kurri Kurri (currently undergoing upgrade works).
Works and projects
For more information, view our current works and projects.
We make every effort to ensure disruptions to traffic, businesses, pedestrians and residents are minimised during works.