Youth Week began as a NSW Government initiative in 1989, and has since grown to be a celebration of young people in every state and territory across the country.
It is organised by young people, for young people, in communities across NSW and Australia. Following the success of the NSW Youth Week program, Youth Week became a National event in 2000. National Youth Week is jointly supported by the Australian Government, State and Territory Governments and Local Governments.
National Youth Week is an opportunity for young people to:
- Share ideas
- Attend live events
- Have their voices heard on issues of concern to them
- Showcase their talents
- Celebrate their contribution to the community
- Take part in competitions
- Have fun!
Youth Week 2023
Youth Week 2023 plans to showcase one of the best event calendars Cessnock and surrounding areas have ever seen!
While the week is officially running from 20 - 30 April, this year we’re going BIG, hosting a wide range of events from 5 April right through to 5 May - that’s an entire MONTH of cool things to get involved with!
Check out the full program of events!
Youth Week Planning Group
Would you like to be part of the Youth Week Planning Group?
The goal of the Youth Week Planning Group is to plan and deliver a calendar of events that reflects the voices of young people during Youth Week.
Being a member of the planning group involves:
- Attending planning meetings
- Contributing to the planning of activities, which could include proposing ideas for activities and events, consulting with other young people, hosting activities or providing additional funding.
- Volunteering at activities and events during Youth Week.
Complete the Youth Week Planning Group expression of interest here, to register your interest for Youth Week 2024!