- Project typeSkatepark
- Project scheduleStage 1 construction completed March 2021; Stage 2 construction TBC
- Completion Date31 March 2021
Council has completed Stage 1 construction works of a new skatepark at Crawfordville Park in Millfield. The facility is located on the site of Crawfordville Community Hall on Bennett Street, Millfield. It incorporates both transition and street elements for a wide range of wheeled sports.
The skatepark is the fifth in the Cessnock Local Government Area alongside skateparks in Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Greta, and the freestyle BMX facility at Bellbird.
Scope of Works
Stage 1 works were completed in five phases:
- Resource mobilisation, steel fabrication, pre-start meeting, WHS and site establishment
- Demolition, bulk earthworks, detailed earthworks and drainage
- Implementation of the concrete skatepark works
- Construction of the landscape works including park furniture, access paths, turf, etc.
- Finalisation, works as executed survey, site demobilisation and handover
Detailed designs for Stage 2 works, incorporating seating, pathways and improved access, are complete and funding opportunities for construction are being investigated.
This project is delivered in partnership with Mindaribba Local Aboriginal Land Council.