Paying your rates

All rates are levied in July for the upcoming financial year. You may opt to pay your rates in full by 31 August this year, or in four equal instalments due:

  • 31 August
  • 30 November
  • 28 February
  • 31 May

Interest will be accrued daily on overdue payments at the rate of 6% per annum for the period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023.

For more information on interest rates, as they apply to overdue fees and charges, view the NSW Office of Local Government circular about rating.

Methods of payment

Council’s preferred method of payment is Bpay. Rates can also be paid:

  • In person at any Australia Post Office or Agency, or at Council's Customer Service Centre - cash, cheque, Eftpos and credit cards
  • Online using Post Billpay - Mastercard, Visa and PayPal
  • Via direct debit by completing a Direct Debit Request Form

Make a rates payment

Reprint of rates notice

If you have misplaced your rates notices and require a new one to be posted to you, please fill out an Application to reprint a rates notice form.

Financial hardship

If you're having difficulty paying your rates, you should contact Council as soon as possible, preferably before the account becomes overdue. Satisfactory arrangements can usually be made to make instalments more manageable.

For more information, please see our Hardship Policy(PDF, 289KB) and answers to the following frequently asked questions below:

Does Council waive rates payments?

No. However, residents that are experiencing financial hardship can enter into a payment arrangement.

How do I apply for an extension or payment arrangement?

Contact Council on (02) 4993 4100. We will take your details and someone from the Rates team will call you back. Please note we expect high demand for this service and appreciate your patience. We will endeavour to return calls by the next business day.

I rent a Council building, but I can’t afford the rent due to COVID-19. What should I do?

Contact Council immediately to discuss your situation on (02) 4993 4100 and ask to complete a request for hardship application. This can be returned to Council via email at You can also call our customer service team and request to speak to Council’s Senior Property Officer.