Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee
The Cessnock City Council Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee was established in 2013 and the Committee is formed and meets in accordance with the Council term. For this term of Council, the Committee held its first meeting on 11 July 2022.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- Consult with representatives from local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Advocate on issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Encourage understanding and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, heritage and cultures within Cessnock City Council and the community.
- Provide Council with strategic advice and improve Council decision making in relation to policy, plans, programs and service delivery that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Oversee the development, endorsement, implementation and evaluation of Council’s reconciliation action plan.
For more information contact Natalie Drage, Community and Cultural Engagement Manager on 02 4993 4118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Draft Charter for the Committee(PDF, 795KB).