Splash into spring!
Published on 22 September 2020
Council is pleased to announce that the 2020/21 pool season will kick off this Saturday 26 September, with both Cessnock and Branxton Pools opening at 7am.
While our local pools are hugely popular in the warmer months, Council has had to introduce some restrictions to ensure compliance with the Public Health Order.
- Amended operating hours until at least 31 December 2020, Monday to Friday 6am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am to 5pm.
- The maximum capacity will be 60 people at Branxton Pool and 75 people at Cessnock Pool (this excludes Swimming Club nights).
- 1.5m social distancing at all times (unless living in the same house)
- Use of hand sanitiser on entry and exit of facility.
- All patrons must either scan in using the QR code or the 1Breadcrumb app.
- Patrons are asked to pay using EFTPOS or bring correct change to reduce cash handling.
- All high touch surfaces will be sanitised by pool staff every hour.
- Pools will be vacated daily between 12.45pm and 1.15pm to allow staff to do a thorough disinfectant clean of the amenities and high touch surfaces.
- Following an announcement by the NSW Department of Education to cancel their swimming and water safety program, no school bookings will be approved for term 4.
Cessnock City Council’s General Manager, Lotta Jackson said these measures are in place to keep both staff and the community safe during the 2020/21 pool season.
“We want to see the community enjoying our wonderful pool facilities over the warmer months, but it was important to put a COVID Safety Plan in place to ensure everyone’s safety,” said Lotta.