Our recruitment process
Interview and selection panel
If your application is shortlisted, you may be invited to attend an interview and undergo some pre-employment checks. You will be contacted via email and invited to select an interview time. You will be asked to provide the following during the interview:
- Relevant qualifications and licences as requested in the advertised ‘Essential and desirable criteria'
- Proof of your right to work in Australia
The selection panel typically includes the manager or team leader from the department of the role you're applying for, a human resource representative, and a third person, such as a technical expert, who can contribute to the selection process based on their knowledge of the work area.
The panel will ask all applicants a combination of the technical, situational and behavioral questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria and skills listed in the position description:
- Behavioural based questions require you to provide examples of how you have handled certain situations in the past.
- Situational questions focus on how you would handle a particular situation or part of the job.
- Practical tasks may also form part of the interview process (e.g. typing test, operator assessment). You will be informed of the particular task before the interview date.
Following the interview stage, you may be asked to undergo the following:
- Referee check
- Medical health and drug & alcohol assessment
- Criminal history check (selected positions only)
- Working with Children check (selected positions only)
Offer of employment
Once all interviews and pre-employment checks have been finalised, the preferred candidate will be offered employment.
An offer of employment will be made by formal letter with attachments and supporting documents.
We ask that successful applicants complete and return the letter of acceptance (which is included with the letter of offer) within seven business days.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our selection process, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.