The below pensioner concessions are determined by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Eligible pensioners are provided rebates on their ordinary rates and domestic waste management services charge. This includes up to:
- $250.00 on ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services
- $87.50 off their annual water rates and charges (where service is provided by Council)
- $87.50 off their annual sewerage rates and charges (where service is provided by Council)
If you become a pensioner during the rating year, rebates may be granted on a quarterly basis upon application.
You are eligible for the concession if you:
- hold a Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- hold a gold card embossed with Totally Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- hold a gold card embossed with Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- are a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs income support supplement*
* If you're a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner but don't have a Pensioner Concession Card, you should contact the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to test your eligibility. Eligibility is determined by an income and assets test.
To confirm your PCC entitlement you should contact Centrelink - Services Australia or Department of Veterans’ Affairs to test your eligibility.
Department of Veterans' Affairs
Phone: 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372)
Holders of cards other than those listed are not eligible for the concession.
Pensioner concession application
A pensioner concession application can be made over the phone or in person with Council's customer service team.