Customer Service Charter
Our Customer Service Charter provides our staff with clear standards and expectations to deliver on our promise of quality service. These standards are regularly monitored to gauge our performance and where we may need to improve.
Provide efficient and effective customer service
We will do this by:
- continually reviewing and improving our work practices for the recording and resolution of service requests within a 90 day period where possible.
- keeping you informed of the progress of service requests
- answering, returning and responding to your call as quickly as possible
- acknowledging and responding to your written correspondence
- serving all customers in a professional manner
Provide information about a wide range of services
Information can be accessed by:
- visiting us online
- contacting our customer service team on (02) 4993 4100
- visiting our customer service team at 62 – 78 Vincent Street, Cessnock 2325
Have professional and well-trained staff
We will assist you by:
- developing and implementing staff customer service training programs
- recruiting customer focussed staff
Provide you with clear and accurate information
We ensure our information is consistent and easy to understand by:
- using a translation service if language is a barrier
- reviewing and updating information provided on our website and in corporate publications
- ensuring our correspondence and publications are clearly written so they are easy understand
Actively pursue continuous improvement
To understand the needs of our customers now and into the future:
- we continually review our service delivery and implement service improvement projects
- we encourage feedback from customers on our service
- we undertake community engagement activities to ensure we understand and respond to what the community needs
- we strive to respond quickly to issues and have formal procedures for complaint and compliment handling
Respect your privacy
We respect your privacy and keep your information confidential in accordance with relevant legislation.
Help us to help you
We're committed to assisting you as much as we possibly can.
We believe that both the customer and Council will mutually benefit if we work together. This will enable us to deliver a better customer service experience.
You can assist us to provide you with a more positive customer experience if you:
- provide relevant and accurate information in a timely manner
- avoid withholding information that is pertinent to the issue at hand
- treat our staff with respect (in the same way we expect our staff to treat you with respect)
- be honest and open in your dealings with us
We're constantly looking for ways to enhance the services and programs we provide to you.
If you have been satisfied with our service, please let us know, as it gives us the opportunity to recognise our staff.
If you can suggest how we can do things better, please tell us. We welcome your feedback to improve our service.
Please email any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our customer service centre or libraries.
Alternatively, you can write to us or give us a call.
How to contact us
Phone: (02) 4993 4100
Fax: (02) 4993 2500
Postal address: PO Box 152, Cessnock NSW 2325
Our customer service centre is located at 62-78 Vincent Street, Cessnock and is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.