Vision and mission
Cessnock City Library Service is a welcoming, engaging and enabling place; providing opportunities for creativity and innovation; and relevant and responsive to the needs of the local community.
Customer Service Charter
Our customers are our focus:
- We are committed to providing timely, efficient and consistent service to you.
- We will deal with our customers in an open, honest and courteous manner and respect their privacy at all times.
- We will respond to our cusotmers' reasonable individual needs and expectations.
- We will treat you respectfully, as we ourselves would wish to be treated.
We will strive to:
- Provide friendly and courteous service.
- Give all individuals the same consideration and level of service.
- Respond promptly to requests and enquiries.
- Listen carefully and identify your needs.
- Continually develop the skills and talents of our staff to enhance the strengths of our service.
In return, we ask that you treat library staff with courtesy and respect.
Strategic Plan Overview
The Cessnock City Library Strategic Plan Overview provides an overview of Council's Library strategy which provides a framework for the future design, development and delivery of services.