Dollar for Dollar Grants
Council believes in investing in the community and recognises the invaluable contribution that community groups make to our social well-being, economic advancement, environmental improvement and the development of a vibrant community.
Each financial year Council makes funding available under its Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme to support community, cultural, sporting and environmental projects that improve and enhance community life in our LGA.
Council’s Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme supports Council’s Cessnock 2027 Community Strategic Plan objectives of:
- Promoting social connections
- Strengthening community culture
- Promoting safe communities
- Fostering an articulate and creative community
- Better utilisation of existing open space
- Protecting and enhancing the natural environment & rural character of the area
To be eligible for funding, groups / organisations must complete and submit the ‘Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Acquittal Form’for all previously funded projects. WRITABLE PDF (download before completing application)
Dollar for Dollar Grants administered by Cessnock City Council
- Community Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Tidy Towns Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
The 2017/18 grant round will be open from Monday 5 February 2018 - Friday 9 March 2018
Grants are offered to not-for-profit community, arts and cultural groups to:
a) undertake projects, activities and events that increase opportunities for community participation and improve community well-being;
b) undertake projects, activities, events and projects that can demonstrate a benefit to the cultural or artistic development of the wider community;
c) undertake improvements to Council owned facilities licenced to, occupied or leased by the group which will contribute to the cultural or artistic use of the facility.
Please ensure you have read the Guidelines before applying.
Projects are considered on a dollar for dollar basis. Applications for projects requesting up to a maximum of $3000 will be considered.
Community based organisations from outside the Cessnock lga may apply and be considered for funding only if they can demonstrate that the project benefits the Cessnock LGA community.
Applications will be considered by the Dollar for Dollar Grants Committee,
Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Application Form WRITABLE PDF (download before completing application)
Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Acquittal Form WRITABLE PDF (download before completing application)
Applications are now CLOSED
The Community Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme is aimed at assisting Community Facility Management Committees and associated facility user groups in developing Council’s general purpose community assets and their environs. The intention of the grant scheme is to assist in completing minor capital works and the purchase of equipment for Council’s community assets and to subsequently improve the utilisation of the facilities by user groups and the general public. The target facilities are Council community halls and buildings which cater for a broad range of users including, but not limited to, the management committees, playgroups, community support providers, indoor sporting and recreation, art and cultural activities.
- Projects are considered purely on a maximum dollar for dollar basis
- Applicants must be incorporated and have an ABN
- All works must be carried out on Council owned or managed land
- All grants are subject to other relevant approvals and conditions (e.g. Development Applications/Construction Certificates)
- All applications are to include quotations from reputable contractors and suppliers.
Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Applications are now CLOSEDThe Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme targets local sporting and community groups whose projects aim to improve or refurbish Council owned sporting facilities as well as purchase of equipment, which has long term benefits to the club and Council.
- Contributes to identified capital works for Council owned community facilities.
- Addressing short to long term safety issues.
- Significance or benefit to the operations of the facility and user groups.
- Provides the opportunity for increased use for the general public and community based organisations.
Tidy Towns Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Applications are now CLOSED
Grants are offered to Tidy Towns groups to undertake projects that:
a) make ‘on the ground’ improvements to the local environment
b) encourage community pride
c) promote a positive community image.
Grants are available for adopted Section 355 Committees of Council only.
If you require further information about the Dollar for Dollar Grant Schemes please contact
Community and Cultural Development Grants - Jo Miller E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sporting Facilities and Community Facilities Grants - Kate Hicks E: email@example.com
Tidy Towns Grants - Council’s Sustainability Officer on (02) 4993 4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org