Cessnock City Council is excited to offer a free landholder workshop educating residents on how they can help enhance biodiversity in the Cessnock Local Government Area (LGA).Read More
Dollar for Dollar Grants
Applications for all categories in the 2018-2019 Dollar for Dollar funding round closed 4pm Friday 7 September 2018.
Council believes in investing in the community and recognises the invaluable contribution that community groups make to our social well-being, economic advancement, environmental improvement and the development of a vibrant community.
Each financial year Council makes funding available under its Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme to support community, cultural, sporting and environmental projects that improve and enhance community life in our LGA.
Council’s Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme supports Council’s Cessnock 2027 Community Strategic Plan objectives of:
- Promoting social connections
- Strengthening community culture
- Promoting safe communities
- Fostering an articulate and creative community
- Better utilisation of existing open space
- Protecting and enhancing the natural environment & rural character of the area
Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme categories
- Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Community Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Sustainable Communities - Tidy Towns Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Grants are offered to not-for-profit community, arts and cultural groups to:
- Undertake projects, activities and events that increase opportunities for community participation and improve community well-being.
- Undertake projects, activities, events and projects that can demonstrate a benefit to the cultural or artistic development of the wider community.
- Undertake improvements to Council owned facilities licenced to, occupied or leased by the group which will contribute to the cultural or artistic use of the facility.
Please ensure you have read the Guidelines before applying.
Projects are considered on a dollar for dollar basis. Applications for projects requesting up to a maximum of $3000 will be considered.
Community based organisations from outside the Cessnock LGA may apply and be considered for funding only if they can demonstrate that the project benefits the local community.
The Community Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme aims to assist Community Facility Management Committees and associated facility user groups to develop Council’s general purpose community assets and their environs. E.G Council owned or managed community halls and buildings.
The Grant Scheme will support minor capital works and the purchase of equipment to improve the use of the facilities by user groups and the general public. User groups can include, but are not limited to, the management committees, playgroups, community support providers, indoor sporting and recreation, art and cultural activities.
- Enhancement of a Council owned facility. Minor improvements/upgrades e.g. painting,kitchen refurbishment, fence installation etc.
- Ground improvements and maintenance.
- Purchase of minor plant and appliances e.g. fridge, air conditioner etc.
- Retrospective projects and purchases i.e. projects and/or items that have been purchasedand/or completed prior to applying for Dollar for Dollar funding. Projects and purchases must have been made within the past twelve (12) months.
- Purchase of equipment e.g. chairs, crockery etc.
Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Applications closed.The Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme targets local sporting and community groups whose projects aim to improve or refurbish Council owned sporting facilities as well as purchase of equipment, which has long term benefits to the club and Council. Projects should:
- Contribute to identified capital works for Council owned community facilities.
- Address short to long term safety issues.
- Have significance or benefit to the operations of the facility and user groups.
- Provide the opportunity for increased use for the general public and community based organisations.
Sustainable Communities - Tidy Towns Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Grants are offered to not-for-profit community environmental groups (such as adopted Section 355 Committees of Council, Landcare, etc.) to undertake projects that:
- Make ‘on the ground’ improvements to the local environment.
- Encourage community pride.
- Promote a positive community image.
How to apply
Download the Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Guidelines for more information.
Complete the Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Application Form. This is a writable PDF please download and save before completing.
Submit a Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Acquittal Form for any previously funded projects. This is a writable PDF please download and save before completing.
If you require further information about the Dollar for Dollar Grant Schemes please contact
Community and Cultural Development Grants - Jo Miller E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sporting Facilities and Community Facilities Grants - Kate Hicks E: email@example.com
Sustainable Communities - Tidy Towns Grants - Council’s Sustainability Officer on (02) 4993 4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org