George Downs Drive, Bucketty
- Project typeRoad Safety Improvements
- Project value$1,720,000
- Project scheduleJanuary - June 2023
Council has received funding from Transport for NSW under Safer Roads Program to complete road widening and safety improvement works of approx. 685m section of George Downes Drive, Bucketty at the intersection with Great Northern Road.
The upgrade will ensure a safer journey for drivers and motorcyclists exploring the region. Approximately 700m length of w-beam guardrail with motorcycle underrun will be installed as part of the works including all associated signs and line markings.
This project forms part of Council's Operational Plan. You can find it within the Operational Plan with the Project ID CRR-2020-002.
Scope of works
- road widening at the intersection with Great North Road and along George Downes Drive to accommodate guard rail
- install guardrail with motorcycle under run on both sides of George Downes Drive
- associated signs and line markings
NSW Safer Roads Program and Council funds making a total of $1,720,000.