Council’s Customer Service adapts to ensure customer safety
Published on 25 March 2020
Cessnock City Council is committed to providing services and support to residents during the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis.
Council is continually reviewing its services during this time to ensure the health and safety of both customers and staff. Following the Federal Government’s further announcements overnight Council has made the decision to close the Administration Building to customers effective from 5pm today. During this period while face to face service is not an option customers can still stay connected via phone, email or our website.
The Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre will also suspend its face to face services from 5pm today. Visitors are encouraged to connect with the team by phone during business hours.
The following options are available to customers:
- To pay a bill customers must pay over the phone using credit card or visit the Make a payment page on our website for more options.
- For enquiries about rates, contact Council via phone or email.
- In relation to companion animals customers can register dogs online via the Pet Registry or email details to Council. Desexing information can also be emailed. All other enquiries can be dealt with over the phone.
- Our website allows you to lodge a variety of requests online including about waste, roads and community spaces. You’re also welcome to pick up the phone and talk to our friendly customer service team.
- We know many of our customers have questions or requests in relation to waste. Waste requests can be made online, including about general waste, a missed bin/partially emptied bin, public bins or illegal dumping. You’re also welcome to pick up the phone and talk to our friendly Customer Service Team.
- Duty Planning, Duty Building Services and Duty Environmental Health Services provided at the Council Administration Building will now be offered over the phone and via email until further notice. Inspections of food businesses will also cease temporarily, except in the event of a serious food borne illness outbreak, until further notice. This is in accordance with advice from the NSW Food Authority.
We thank you for your support and understanding during these difficult times as we continue to work to ensure we provide quality customer service safely.