- Project typeSkatepark
- Project scheduleStage 1 construction commenced Dec 2020
- Completion Date31 March 2021
Council has commenced Stage 1 construction works of a new skatepark at Crawfordville Park in Millfield.
The facility will be located on the site of Crawfordville Community Hall on Bennett Street, Millfield. It will incorporate both transition and street elements for a wide range of wheeled sports as well as seating, pathways and access to water and shade.
The skatepark will be the fifth in the Cessnock Local Government Area alongside skateparks in Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Greta, and the freestyle BMX facility at Bellbird.
Stage 1 works will be completed in five phases:
- Resource mobilisation, steel fabrication, pre-start meeting, WHS and site establishment
- Demolition, bulk earthworks, detailed earthworks and drainage
- Implementation of the concrete skatepark works
- Construction of the landscape works including park furniture, access paths, turf, etc.
- Finalisation, works as executed survey, site demobilisation and handover
This project is delivered in partnership with Mindaribba Local Aboriginal Land Council.