We’re drafting the next Economic Development Strategy to meet our community’s aspiration of a sustainable and prosperous economy, as identified in our Community Strategic Plan. It will help to:
- Promote growth and investment
- Provide a diverse range of employment opportunities
- Diversify the economic base of the LGA, reducing dependence on a few key activities
- Secure a sustainable and prosperous future
- Enhance and strengthen the overall amenity, resilience and liveability of our community.
The Strategy will be based on the following key themes:
- Productivity: Empowering and enabling our labour force and businesses to become highly productive.
- Investment: Providing an environment that encourages and facilitates government funding and private sector investment in the facilities, infrastructure and services necessary to facilitate and support business growth and meet the needs of our community.
- Innovation: Enabling businesses to combine knowledge, technology, land, capital and labour to make a profit.
It will identify the priorities and include an action and implementation plan.
How to get involved
We're seeking input from businesses, residents and visitors to help inform the Strategy and build on the information from the Business Capability Study, 2019. There are a number of ways to get involved: