Compiling your Freeman of the City nomination
Please read the following instructions before submitting your nomination:
- Read the conditions of entry and general information and criteria sections.
- Explain the achievement, the background and reasons for the nomination.
- In presenting your nomination you should take time to consider and present the reasons why you think the nominee’s service and achievements have been outstanding and worthy of the Freeman of the City Award.
- Enclose clear copies of any newspaper or magazine articles about the nominee and their achievements.
- List any other awards.
- Include any other relevant information.
- Ensure that all the nominee’s personal details are accurately recorded on the nomination form.
- Information is to be typed. However handwritten comments that are legible are also acceptable.
- Ensure name and contact details of referees are provided and correct.
- Written submissions should be around 500 words, maximum 2000 words.
- This nomination can be forwarded to Council at any time.
For further information, please email Tracey Cocking at firstname.lastname@example.org