Congratulation to the 2014 Mayoral Scholarship Recipients
The successful applicants are as follows;
||Mining Technical Engineering
|Cessnock Liquor Accord
||Tourism and Hospitality
|The Rotary Club of Cessnock
||Building and Associated Trades
|Cessnock Leagues Club
||John Knipe Memorial Incentive
|Kurri Kurri Rotary
||John Clarence Memorial Art
||Medical and Health
|Hunter Resource Recovery
|Hunter Resource Recovery
|Solo Resource Recovery
|East Cessnock Bowling Club
|Kurri Kurri Retired Mineworkers Club
|Northnet Community College
2014 Mayoral Scholarships
The Mayoral Academic Scholarships close in February each year.
The Scholarships are aimed at assisting students in reaching their potential and to make meeting the cost of education a little easier. They are open to students from Year 10 through to TAFE and University providing they are from the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Council has on offer 12 scholarships, each valued at $2,500 for one year. For further information on the scholarships please click on the individual scholarships listed below or contact Pauline Ross on 4993 4210.
- Mayoral Academic Scholarships
- Cessnock Rugby League Supporters Club - Incentive Scholarship
Available to students at either University or TAFE who would not be able to continue further education without financial assistance.
- Cypress Lakes Group Ltd. - Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship
Available to students pursuing their first year of study at TAFE or University in this field.
- Donaldson Job Creation Trust - Mining Scholarship
Available to Pre and Post HSC students attending TAFE or University; or students pursuing their second year of study at University.
- Donaldson Job Creation Trust - Medical and Health Scholarship
Available to Post HSC students attending University or students completing their degree in this field at University.
- Hardie Holdings Pty Ltd - Local Government Scholarship
Available to assist a Post HSC student or Undergraduate student to pursue academic excellence relating to a Local Government discipline in University.
- Hunter Resource Recovery - Post HSC Scholarship
Available to a student leaving high school and entering first year studies at either University or TAFE.
- Hunter Resource Recovery - University Scholarship
Available to a student who has completed first/second/third year University and is continuing their studies at University.
- Hydro Aluminium Kurri Kurri Pty Ltd - Communications or Related Disciplines
Available to Post HSC students pursuing their first year of study or students pursuing their second year of study at University or TAFE in Communications or a related discipline.
- Regional Land Pty Ltd - International Tourism and Marketing Scholarship
Available to Post HSC students attending TAFE or University or students pursuing their second year of study at TAFE or University in this field.
- Solo Resource Recovery - TAFE Scholarship
Available to a student who has completed first year at TAFE and is continuing in to second year.
- Telstra Country Wide - Information Technology Scholarship
Available to Pre or Post HSC students pursuing a career in the field of IT.
- The Rotary Club Cessnock Inc. – Building and Associated Trades Scholarship
Available to students Pre or Post HSC or undergraduate students in this field attending either TAFE or University.