Cessnock City Council rangers perform a wide variety of services within the City area. Rangers perform two main functions:
- Enforcement of legislation (various Acts, Regulations, Codes and Policies).
- Responsibility for effective animal control functions to ensure compliance with statutory and safety requirements.
Rangers also visit local schools to teach children about responsible pet ownership and dog bite prevention. These education programs are carried out in fun and interactive workshops.
Cessnock City Council rangers are also responsible for the following areas:
- Illegal dumping of rubbish
- Footpath obstructions
- Light-traffic roads and illegal parking
- Local area patrolling
- Abandoned vehicles
- Enforcement of legislation
- Straying stock
- Keeping of Birds and Livestock
- Animal (domestic) control
- Backyard burning
- Emergency management response
- Overgrown land / vegetation
- Restrictions on public reserves and roads
- Community education programs
If you would like the rangers to visit your school, or if you would like to know more about any of the services they provide, please phone 4993 4100.
Kids ask the Rangers about the Pound
Phone: 4993 4100
After Hours Emergency Phone: 4940 7816