Kurri Kurri Skate Park will soon form part of the Kurri Kurri Murals project with the painting of a new mural on the surface currently underway.Read More
Waste Management Centres
Council operates two waste management facilities:
Cessnock Waste Management Centre (the Landfill)
- 1967 Old Maitland Road Cessnock
- Waste Weighbridge Phone: 4993 4993
- Open: 7 days a week 8.45am - 4:30
- Closed: Christmas Day, Good Friday and Cessnock City Council Picnic Day
Full fees and charges for mixed and separated loads at the landfill are listed in Fees and Charges
- A disposal fee of $27 will apply to Mattresses
- Cheques will no longer be accepted at the Facility. Eftpos, cash and account transactions available.
Cessnock City Council has taken an all-around approach in reducing the amount of waste going to landfill by providing opportunities for residents to separate goods for reuse, reprocessing and recycling at the Waste Management Centre.
Residents can drop off electronic waste, cardboard, commingled recyclables, lawn clippings, engine oil and scrap metal without charge. Please note gas cylinders are not to be dropped off with scrap metal.
Differential (lesser rate) pricing will apply to source separated loads of:
- Building and demolition materials (i.e. bricks, concrete, tiles)
- Tree and garden vegetation material.
To find out about the redevelopment of the Cessnock Waste and Reuse Centre visit the update page.
Landfill Environmental Monitoring
Cessnock Waste Management Centre (Council's landfill) operates in accordance with an Environment Protection Licence, administered by the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA). The licence requires Council to perform certain environmental monitoring to ensure the landfill is having minimal impact on the environment. To find out more visit landfill environmental monitoring.
Greta Transfer Station
- Hollingshed Street Greta
- Open: Monday, Thursday & Friday 2.00pm - 5.00pm; Saturday 8.00am - 12.00pm and Sunday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
- Closed: Tuesday, Wednesday, Christmas, Good Friday, Cessnock City Council Picnic Day
Accepts household waste only. No bulky goods, mattresses or commercial goods.