Council operates a kerbside collection service across most of the LGA. There are some areas of the Local Government Area where a service cannot be delivered due to either physical constraints, safety or it is not economically feasible. To find out where and when services are provided click here.
There are some simple guidelines for you to apply when you place your bins out for collection:
- Always ensure that your bin is at the kerbside by 5.00am and is clear of obstructions. Council is not obliged to return to collect bins which aren’t out in time for collection. Fleet management services fitted in vehicles can verify if the bin was out in time.
- On collection night do not park cars in front of bins. Council will not return to service bins that are obscured by parked vehicles. Always ensure that bin lids are closed. Overfilled bins causing lids to open will not be emptied.
- Bins must not contain batteries, hot ashes or motor oil.
- Council will only service Cessnock City Council bins that are registered to the pick up address. Bins from other council areas, other properties, hardware stores, etc will not be serviced by Council.
- Please retrieve your bin as soon as practicable after service.
- Make sure recyclables are placed in the correct bin. On recycling week, bins should be placed at least one metre apart.
- Filled bin weight must not exceed 65kg.
Your bin always remains the property of Council for the purpose of garbage disposal. It must not be used for any other purpose or removed from the original property to which it was supplied (It has an identification number.). Stolen or vandalised bins must be reported to the Police Assistance Line on 131 444. A Police Incident Report Number is required by Council before a replacement bin can be issued.
Damaged bins are repaired free of charge. For enquiries and repairs please phone Council’s Customer Service on 4993 4100.