Have you built a new home during the 2018/2019 financial year? Did you know you can get up to six free plants for your property from Cessnock City Council?
Application forms are available here.
Applications close 5pm 22 February 2019. No late application forms will be accepted.
Did you know the average NSW household throws away $77 worth of edible food every week? Discover how making small changes can save you money and time, while reducing the amount of food you throw away. Food waste is created when:
- we cook too much food without considering portions for the number of people or family members change plans. This Perfect Portions video may give you some hints and tips.
- food passes the use-by/best-before date.
- we forget about leftovers in the fridge/ freezer or we don’t know how to use leftovers. The Love your Leftovers App may help you.
- we buy too much because we don’t stick to a shopping list or we don’t check the cupboard or fridge before going shopping.
- we’re not planning our meals and menus as much as we could. This meal planning video will help you get started.
Sustainable Communities - Tidy Towns
Council supports this national program and has 11 registered Tidy Town committees across the LGA. For more information go to Keep Australia Beautiful NSW.