2019 marks the 20th anniversary of Harmony Day and the celebration has now been renamed Harmony Week, recognising diversity and inclusion across the entire week.Read More
What can I do?
Help be part of the solution and preserve our local bushland by:
- Using your fireplace only when necessary. Always put on warmer clothing first and/or snuggle up with a blanket
- When buying firewood only buy suppliers signed to the Firewood Association of Australia Incorporated. The association aims to improve the long term sustainability of the firewood industry in Australia and all members sign up to a voluntary Code of Practice for Firewood Suppliers. Be wary of firewood sold on the roadside. Always ask to see evidence of a permit to collect firewood for commercial sale.
- Place your waste in the bin or take it to Cessnock Waste Management Centre
- Report Illegal Dumpers online at https://ridonline.epa.nsw.gov.au
- Never risk starting a fire. Put all cigarette butts in the bin and report any suspicious behaviour to local authorities to the Police. Report any suspicious behaviour to the Police.
- Ride motorbikes smartly and wisely in designated areas and keep to the tracks. Prioritise riding in commercial riding parks and circuits. Report riders not doing the right thing to the local Police or National Parks.