The replacement of Frame Drive Bridge Abermain has moved into the next phase as Cessnock City Council recently accepted a tender from Waeger Constructions.Read More
There are many environmental issues facing today's generation – issues which have the potential to adversely impact upon the way we live now and into the future.
Council is actively involved in a broad range of environmental health areas to maintain the health of both our natural and built environments and also the health of the people who choose to live here.
You can also make a positive contribution to environmental health and sustainability by the way in which you live, even if you don't have the time or inclination to become a volunteer.
Recycling, controlling weeds, minimising your electricity and water use, maintaining your swimming pool properly, looking after your septic system, using appropriate hygiene when preparing food – it's easy to make a difference.
- Waste Collection, Recycling and Programs
- Sustainability In Action
- State of the Environment Report
- Community Programs
- Weed Control, Identification and Education
- Sewage and Septic Systems
- Health Inspections and Food handling training
- Food Complaints
- Flooding Information - Contacts and closures
- Pollution - Air, Asbestos, Land, Noise and Water.