Cessnock City Council, Maitland City Council and Singleton Council are excited to launch the kerbside garden organics collection service which starts from Monday 6 March 2017.Read More
There are many environmental issues facing our community today, which have the potential to adversely impact on the way we live now and into the future.
Council is actively involved in a broad range of environmental areas to maintain the health of both our natural and built environments and also the health of the people who choose to live here.
There are opportunities for you to become involved in some environmental areas as a volunteer with community groups such as Tidy Towns or you can also make a positive contribution to environmental health and sustainability through the everyday things you do by learning how to live sustainability.
Recycling, controlling weeds, minimising your electricity and water use, maintaining your swimming pool properly, looking after your septic system, using appropriate hygiene when preparing food – it's easy to make a difference.
- Waste Collection and Waste Reduction Programs
- State of the Environment Report
- Community Programs
- Weed Control, Identification and Education
- Sewage and Septic Systems
- Health Inspections and Food handling training
- Food Complaints
- Flooding Information - Contacts and closures
- Pollution - Air, Asbestos, Land, Noise and Water.