As a region we're experiencing the lowest water levels in our dams in over two decades. Level 2 water restrictions apply to all properties connected to Hunter Water's water supply network in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Cessnock, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Dungog and small parts of Singleton.View a map of our area of operations
There are many environmental issues facing our community today, which have the potential to adversely impact on the way we live now and into the future.
Council is actively involved in a broad range of environmental areas to maintain the health of both our natural and built environments and also the health of the people who choose to live here.
There are opportunities for you to become involved in some environmental areas as a volunteer with community groups such as Tidy Towns or you can also make a positive contribution to environmental health and sustainability through the everyday things you do by learning how to live sustainability - it's easy to make a difference:
- maintaining your swimming pool properly
- Waste Collection and Waste Reduction Programs
- State of the Environment Report
- Community Programs
- Biosecurity - Weed Control, Identification and Education
- Sewage and Septic Systems
- Health Inspections and Food handling training
- Food Complaints
- Flooding Information - Contacts and closures
- Pollution - Air, Asbestos, Land, Noise and Water.