Apply now for 2018 Mayoral Scholarships
City Council is celebrating local young people in our community building a
career with the Mayoral Scholarships for 2018 now open.
Cessnock City Council Mayor, Councillor Bob Pynsent said the Mayoral Scholarships are for any young person undertaking additional study.
“Students studying at university or TAFE can often find it difficult managing work and study commitments. Receiving this extra support can make a real difference, taking the pressure off and enabling the student to focus on their studies.”
“Each year we offer a number of different scholarship opportunities which can support a person studying at University, TAFE or completing an apprenticeship”.
“Encouraging and supporting a young person to further their education, benefits not only the individual, but also their family and the broader community”, Cr Pynsent said.
Students enrolled in TAFE or University in 2018 who are residents of the Cessnock local government area could be eligible for one of the 2018 Mayoral Scholarships.
The following scholarships are available:
- Sponsor Scholarship Austar Coal Mine (part of the Yancoal Australia Group: Mining Technical Engineering
- Cessnock Retired Mineworkers: Mining
- The Rotary Club of Cessnock: Building and Associated Trades
- Cessnock Leagues Club: John Knipe Memorial Hospitality and Tourism
- Hunter Resource Recovery: Post HSC (Graduated in the past 2 years)
- Hunter Resource Recovery: Undergraduate (Current Student from 2017)
- Solo Resource Recovery: TAFE
- Kurri Kurri Retired Mineworkers Association: Local Government
Scholarships are for one year and are valued at $2,500. Applications close Friday 9 March 2018. For more information http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/mayor/scholarships.