Take the leap this Adult Learners’ Week
Cessnock City Library is encouraging adults of all ages to take the leap and rediscover learning during Adult Learners’ Week from 1-8 September.
This year Adult Learners’ Week is all about celebrating those who have taken a leap, rediscovered learning and the difference it has made in their lives.
For some, rediscovering learning may have led to a new job or career change and for others it could be about gaining essential life skills, giving back to their community or building confidence. Or it could simply be about pursuing a new passion or interest.
Library Coordinator, Rose-marie Walters said, “Eight million Australians learn for work or pleasure each year and Adult Learners’ Week is the perfect time to come down to the library and take that learning leap in a safe and supportive environment.”
During Adult Learners’ Week, the following free events are being held at the library:
- Monday 4 Sep Cessnock Library 4pm Lantern Making Workshop for the whole family
- Tuesday 5 Sep Kurri Kurri Library 10am Quills Creative Writing Group
- Tuesday 5 Sep Kurri Kurri Library 4pm Lantern Making Workshop for the whole family
- Tuesday 5 Sep Cessnock Library 5:30pm Gardening With Local Native Plants
- Wednesday 6 Sep Kurri Kurri Library 9:30am In the Loop Knitting Group
- Wednesday 6 Sep Cessnock Library 10:30am In the Loop Knitting Group
- Wednesday 6 Sep Cessnock Library 4pm Lantern Making Workshop for the whole family
- Thursday 7 Sep Cessnock Library 10am Talking History: Learn about Henry Brown from Laguna c1850 and the amazing Brown family
To book your place or find out more about rediscovering learning at your library contact Kurri Kurri Library on 4937 1638 or Cessnock Library on 4993 4399.