Apply now for 2017 Mayoral Scholarships
Cessnock City Council is celebrating local young people in our community striving for a worthwhile career, with the launch of the 2017 Mayoral Scholarships.
Cessnock City Council Mayor, Councillor Bob Pynsent said the Mayoral Scholarships are for any young person choosing undertaking further education.
“Each year we offer a number of different scholarship opportunities which can support a person studying at University, TAFE or completing an apprenticeship”.
“Encouraging and supporting a young person to further their education, benefits not only the individual, but also their family and the broader community”, Cr Pynsent said.
Students enrolled in TAFE or University in 2017 who are residents of the Cessnock local government area could be eligible for one of the 2017 Mayoral Academic Scholarships.
The following scholarships are available:
- Austar Coal Mine (part of the Yancoal Australia Group) - Mining Technical Engineering
- Cessnock Retired Mineworkers - Mining
- The Rotary Club of Cessnock - Building and Associated Trades
- Cessnock Leagues Club - John Knipe Memorial Hospitality and Tourism
- Hunter Resource Recovery - Post HSC (Graduated in the past 2 years)
- Hunter Resource Recovery - Undergraduate (Current Student from 2017)
- Solo Resource Recovery - TAFE
- Kurri Kurri Retired Mineworkers Association - Local Government
- CDLC Support - Aged Care
- CDLC Support - Child Care
- CDLC Support - Early Childhood/ Primary Education
- CDLC Support - Nursing
- CDLC Support - Police Service Training
- CDLC Support - Secondary Education
Scholarships are for one year and are valued at $2,500.
Applications close Friday 24 February 2017. For more information visit the scholarships page.