How much plastic is there in your life? Are you trying to go plastic free? Come and listen to Hunter local, Christina Robberds who will reveal some of the secrets to living plastic free at Cessnock City Library next week.Read More
The following Guidelines apply for Staff and Community verbal submissions to Council Meetings
1. Members of the public may address meetings of Council on items that are on the Council agenda, subject to the approval of the Council.
2. Members of the public wishing to address meetings of Council must apply in writing to the General Manager no later than 12 noon on the Tuesday of the week of the Council Meeting. Request to address form.
3. The Chairperson will ask members of the public to restrict their addresses to no more than 3 minutes, with a further 1 minute extension available, if resolved by Council.
4. Councillors may ask questions to clarify the position of the speaker or statements made.
5. The Chairperson may suggest that if a satisfactory resolution to the matter on the agenda is being considered there may be no need for members of the public to address the Council.
6. Council, and Council staff on behalf of Council, may invite applicants, consultants, Government authorities and other groups or individuals to provide a presentation to Council on a matter that is on the Council agenda.
7. If there are a large number of people interested in the same item, one representative will be nominated to speak on behalf of a group and to indicate how many people they are representing.