The 2020 Mayoral Scholarship program is NOW OPEN and we're encouraging students currently enrolled at TAFE or University to apply now!
Each year, the Mayoral Scholarship program offers students enrolled at TAFE or University who are residents of the Cessnock Local Government Area the chance to apply for a range of scholarships, valued at $2,500 each.
Each scholarship is generously sponsored by a local club or business who is wanting to assist local young people to reach their full potential.
Applications close on Monday 2 March 2020.
Mayoral Scholarship application instructions
- Ensure you have read the conditions for the scholarship you are applying for to ensure you meet the criteria for each. These can be found below.
- Complete the online application form which can be found below, ensuring you have answered each section and then press the submit button at the end. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it, so ensure you have your answers and any attachments ready to go.
- Ensure your application is submitted by Monday 2 March 2020.
- Austar Coal Mine (part of the Yancoal Australia Group mining): Mining Technical Engineering Scholarship conditions
- Cessnock Retired Mineworkers: Mining Scholarship conditions
- The Rotary Club of Cessnock: Building and Associated Trades Scholarship conditions
- Cessnock Leagues Club: John Knipe Memorial: Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship conditions
- Hunter Resource Recovery: Post HSC (Graduated in the past 2 years) Scholarship conditions
- Hunter Resource Recovery: Undergraduate (Current Student) Scholarship conditions
- Solo Resource Recovery: TAFE Scholarship conditions
- Kurri Kurri Retired Mineworkers Association: Local Government Scholarship conditions
- Northern District Retired Mineworkers: Merv Mahon Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2019 Mayoral Scholarship recipients
- Jackson Woodbine
- Kyle Rees
- Kelsey Popple
- Georgia Bailey
- Jessica Grierson
- Olivia Palfreyman
- Emily Munnery
- Ashleigh Neville
- Brianna Crawford