Councils across Australia backed Cessnock City Council’s motion at the National General Assembly of Local Government, urging the Federal Government to step in and address growing local infrastructure backlogs, while as the same time generating work creating national economic stimulus.Read More
Mayoral High School Debate
The goal of the Mayoral Academic High School Debate is to acknowledge the academic brilliance of high school students from Years 9 and 10 from the four high schools in our local government area, to provide funds to the schools for equipment and various projects and to acknowledge the excellent education facilities in our LGA.
It is our goal to have as many students as possible walking through the doors of opportunity that lead to successful outcomes.
Details of the Debate
- Year 9 and 10 students only to compete from the four high schools in the Cessnock LGA
- Teams to be determined by individual high schools
- Debating time is three minutes per student
- Topics for Debate determined by Committee
- Debates to be held over two days
- Adjudicator's and timekeeper's decisions are final
- All teams to attend both days of the debates
Sponsors for 2016
Many thanks to our sponsors:-
- Rover Motors Pty Ltd and
- Cessnock Achievement Centre.
For further information about the Debate, please contact the Mayors office on 4993 4210.