As a region we're experiencing the lowest water levels in our dams in over two decades. Level 2 water restrictions apply to all properties connected to Hunter Water's water supply network in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Cessnock, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Dungog and small parts of Singleton.View a map of our area of operations
Cessnock 2027 Community Strategic Plan
The Community Strategic Plan is the highest level plan that a council will prepare. The purpose of the plan is to identify the community’s main priorities and aspirations for the future and to identify strategies for achieving these goals.
The Cessnock 2027 community strategic plan outlines what you have told us you would like to see (by the year 2027) and the direction we should head.
Cessnock 2027 is structured around five themes - being the desired outcomes identified during the community engagement processes:
- A connected, safe and creative community: developing safe and connected neighbourhoods that support healthy and fulfilling lifestyles for people of all ages
- A sustainable and prosperous economy: achieving long term economic security through a mix of diverse business and employment options
- A sustainable and healthy environment: promoting a sustainable balance between development and preserving our natural environment
- Accessible infrastructure, services and facilities: increasing the range and accessibility of the services we need along with investment in improved infrastructure.
- Civic leadership and effective governance: ensuring that we have strong leadership and good governance and that we foster community participation in decision- making.