Councils across Australia backed Cessnock City Council’s motion at the National General Assembly of Local Government, urging the Federal Government to step in and address growing local infrastructure backlogs, while as the same time generating work creating national economic stimulus.Read More
Mission and Philosophy
Cessnock Youth Centre & Outreach Service plays a role in catering for the Cessnock Local Government Area. The primary goal of the service is the personal and social development of the young people who attend.
CYCOS will strive to provide programs and activities in an environment which:
- Values and supports all individuals
- Fosters professional, effective and caring relationship with young people
- Promotes the positive image and value status of young people.
- Providing an appropriate range of social, recreational and vocational opportunities that are delivered in a planned and flexible manner.
- Providing positive outcomes for young people.
- Creating a non-threatening environment that encourages a sense of responsibility for self which is respectful and inclusive.
- Providing opportunities that involve young people in the identification of needs and planning of activities and programs.
- Providing information about support services and referral to appropriate services when required.
- Encouraging the personal development of young people.