As a region we're experiencing the lowest water levels in our dams in over two decades. Level 2 water restrictions apply to all properties connected to Hunter Water's water supply network in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Cessnock, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Dungog and small parts of Singleton.View a map of our area of operations
Approximately 24 per cent of land within the Cessnock Local Government Area is reserved as National Park.
The National Parks located within the LGA (either partly or wholly) include:
- Watagans National Park with a catchment location of Congewai Creek and Wollombi Brook
- Werakata National Park with a catchment of Black Creek, Wallis/Swamp Creek
- Yengo National Park with a catchment of McDonald River, Stockyard Creek, Wollombi Brook and Yengo Creek
Key bushland areas within the Local Government Area that Council maintains include:
- Kitchener Poppethead Reserve
- Hunter River Reserve (Greta)
- Bimbadeen Lookout (Mount View)