In an effort to address the changing climate affecting the Cessnock Local Government Area, Council has developed a draft Climate Change Policy. The community are encouraged to provide feedback on the Policy during the public exhibition period. The draft Climate Change Policy will be on public exhibition from the 26 February until the 25 March 2020.Read More
Off-Leash Exercise Areas for Dogs
Dogs may exercise in the designated off-leash areas subject to the following conditions:
- Off-leash activities will be permitted only in designated areas that are signposted and approved by Council.
- All dogs using the areas are to be accompanied and supervised by a competent person who is of or above the age of 16.
- All dogs using the area must be able to be controlled with a leash. eg return to the handler on command.
- Dogs that have been declared dangerous and restricted breeds are not permitted to use any designated off-leash areas.
- Dog owners/handlers must remove all dog faeces that are deposited by the dog under their control
- The owner/handler is liable if the dog attacks or behaves in an aggressive manner.
These areas are patrolled by Council Rangers and penalties for non-compliance exceed $100.00.
For further Information please contact Cessnock City Council Ranger Service on 4993 4100.