The team at Cessnock Library is excited to launch a book written by late local historian Jack Delaney, Our Letters, The Mail Goes Through, which reveals the rich history of our local post offices.Read More
Off-Leash Exercise Areas for Dogs
Dogs may exercise in the designated off-leash areas subject to the following conditions:
- Off-leash activities will be permitted only in designated areas that are signposted and approved by Council.
- All dogs using the areas are to be accompanied and supervised by a competent person who is of or above the age of 16.
- All dogs using the area must be able to be controlled with a leash. eg return to the handler on command.
- Dogs that have been declared dangerous and restricted breeds are not permitted to use any designated off-leash areas.
- Dog owners/handlers must remove all dog faeces that are deposited by the dog under their control
- The owner/handler is liable if the dog attacks or behaves in an aggressive manner.
These areas are patrolled by Council Rangers and penalties for non-compliance exceed $100.00.
For further Information please contact Cessnock City Council Ranger Service on 4993 4100.