Cessnock City Council is excited to announce Narelle Campbell as our 2018 Australia Day Ambassador, who will no doubt give an interesting address at our official Australia Day celebrations after leading four ‘over winter’ teams in the remote Australian Antarctic Territory.Read More
Off-Leash Exercise Areas for Dogs
Dogs may exercise in the designated off-leash areas subject to the following conditions:
- Off-leash activities will be permitted only in designated areas that are signposted and approved by Council.
- All dogs using the areas are to be accompanied and supervised by a competent person who is of or above the age of 16.
- All dogs using the area must be able to be controlled with a leash. eg return to the handler on command.
- Dogs that have been declared dangerous and restricted breeds are not permitted to use any designated off-leash areas.
- Dog owners/handlers must remove all dog faeces that are deposited by the dog under their control
- The owner/handler is liable if the dog attacks or behaves in an aggressive manner.
These areas are patrolled by Council Rangers and penalties for non-compliance exceed $100.00.
For further Information please contact Cessnock City Council Ranger Service on 4993 4100.