2019 marks the 20th anniversary of Harmony Day and the celebration has now been renamed Harmony Week, recognising diversity and inclusion across the entire week.Read More
City/East/West Hospital Bus
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- 4 trips a day departs at Coles at 9:15am, 10:15am, 11:15am and 1.15pm.
- For a timetable or more information call Rover Motors on 4990 1699 or the Transport Infoline on 131500
Community Bus Service
- Thursday - Greta. Branxton. North Rothbury
- Monday-Friday - Maitland. Newcastle for appointments
- 1st Sunday of the Month - Charlestown. Kotara.
- For more information call Cessnock Community Transport 4990 7247
Prison Visits Transport
- CRC Transport 4961 4626
- Rover Coaches 4990 1699
Mini Bus Hire
- Cessnock Multipurpose Children's Centre 4990 2687 Bus hire available to other community groups.
- Bellbird Workers Club 4990 2147 Bus hire for Community groups, charities and schools.
- Disadvantaged Transport Unit Call 1800660361 and dial option 3 There is a Transport Unit for people who are disadvantaged to assist with access to public health facilities.
- Cessnock Radio Cabs 4990 1111 (24 hours x 7 days a week) Wheelchair access available. Advanced bookings required.
- Kurri Kurri Radio Cabs 4937 1666 or 0423 839 820 (24 hours x 7 days a week) Wheelchair access available. Advanced bookings required.
- Newcastle Taxis 133 300
- Universal Taxi Number 131008 (Taxi wherever you are)
- Nearest regional Newcastle Airport at WILLIAMTOWN
Aged Care and Disability Transport
Cessnock Community Transport Ph 02 4990 7247
A range of flexible and responsive options including: Weekly social outings to Greenhills Shopping trips with access to a range of retail, banking, postal, library and other services. Doctors, specialists and other health related appointments. Transport to the day centres at Abermain and Kurri KurriTelephone booking service. Coordination of client bookings, matching client needs with the most appropriate transport mode and support.Assistance to and from vehicle.
Coalfields NeighbourCare INC. Phone: 4930 4706
Coalfields NeighbourCare provides a range of services including flexible transport options for people who are frail, aged, those with disabilities and their carers who are Health and Community Care (HACC) eligable and requiring support to attend appointments or other destinations. Transport services include,
- Medical transport, small group transport to social activities
- Non-medical transport to hairdressers, libraries, movie theatre and hospitals
- Unplanned medical appointments
Please contact the Community Care Access Point for information, assessment and eligibility for services provided under the Home and Community Care Program on 1300 731 556
Kurri Kurri Community Bus Service
Phone: 4937 4555 Co-ordinated by Kurri Kurri Community Centre, available to Health and Community Care (HACC) eligible clients.
Kurri Kurri Community Bus Service is a transport service provider. Kurri Kurri Community Centre is responsible for the coordination of the transport service. It is accessible to HACC eligible client groups. There are two buses, each which have been modified for disabled access and wheelchairs. The first bus has a capacity of 19 seated passengers, or 15 passengers and three wheelchairs. The second bus can carry 21 seated passengers or 16-17 wheelchairs and is provided primarily for HACC services. The bus may be available for hire by HACC eligible client groups - please enquire for more information. A group may have their own driver or one can be provided by the Service for a nominal fee.
Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme Eligibility
For an application please phone 4990 7247.
To qualify for the subsidy, an applicant’s disability must be PERMANENT. The subsidy is not available to people receiving treatment or undergoing rehabilitation, with the exception, that in due course, the extent of their disability will then be such as to qualify into the Scheme.
Applicants deemed ineligible to participate following an assessment of their application may at any time appeal to the Scheme to have their case reviewed. All requests must be in writing and be accompanied by further medical evidence in support of their eligibility application.
Wide and heavy loads (HML)
Since 10 February 2014, businesses and other road users wishing to take an oversize or over mass vehicle using roads in Cessnock are required to obtain approval from National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR).
Please contact NHVR on www.nhvr.gov.au to lodge an application.
Please Note: travel using roads in NSW only are required to apply directly to Council. Submission of an RMS application to Council is sufficient.
As of February 10, 2014 all heavy vehicles access in NSW will be managed by National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR).
View the Frequently Asked Questions surrounding the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) and the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), released by the Roads and Maritime Service.
For travel within NSW only, permits are required from the relevant roads authority.
Oversize/overmass general approval
Council is granting a general approval for road travel for oversize overmass vehicles subject to conditions.