Cessnock City Council, Maitland City Council and Singleton Council are excited to launch the kerbside garden organics collection service which starts from Monday 6 March 2017.Read More
Council has divided local roads into the following types:
- Maintained urban sealed roads;
- Maintained urban unsealed roads;
- Maintained rural sealed roads;
- Maintained rural unsealed roads; and
- Unmaintained Council roads.
Council does not have maintenance responsibility for the following:
- Crown roads;
- Right of passageway or carriageway;
- Private roads.
Roads Maintenance Program
The Local Government Area is divided into two major maintenance regions, North and South, incorporating 6 sub areas.
Programmed maintenance, concentrating maintenance resources, will occur in each sub-area monthly, in accordance with the schedule below.
In addition, dedicated maintenance crews will be allocated to each region to undertake ongoing reactive/urgent/unplanned and planned maintenance.
The program will be subject to weather conditions and extreme events requiring reallocation of resources on a needs basis. This may result in some limited service those sub-areas in that time-allocation.
To Request Maintenance Works:
If you would like to request maintenance works or repairs, please contact Council’s Customer Service on telephone 4993 4100.
Maintenance works programs are prepared for each area from Council inspections and customer requests, with maintenance works programmed for each area.
Road Maintenance Schedule
North Area Maintenance Schedule
North Area 1 - July and January
North Area 2 - August and February
North Area 3 - September and March
North Area 4 - October and April
North Area 5 - November and May
North Area 6 - December and June
South Area Maintenance Schedule
South Area 1 - July and January
South Area 2 - August and February
South Area 3 - September and March
South Area 4 - October and April
South Area 5 - November and May
South Area 6 - December and June
Main Road Maintenance
Council's main road maintenance network incorporates the following roads;
- Main Road 220 - Wine Country Drive from Branxton through Cessnock onto Lake Road, the Leggetts Lane to the Gap at Freemans Waterhole.
- Main Road 588 - Maitland Road, Cessnock from Vincent Street through to Kurri Kurri and onto John Renshaw to the Newcastle boundary south of Weakleys Drive, Beresfield.
- Main Road 195 - Leggetts Lane from the intersection of Lake Road, Elrington through to Kurri Kurri and from Kurri Kurri to Lang Street through Heddon Greta to Testers Hollow at Cliftleigh.
- Main Road 181 - From Allandale Road, Cessnock through Bellbird, Millfield, Wollombi, Laguna to Settlers Road, Bucketty.
- Main Road 590 - From Settlers Road, Bucketty to the Gosford boundary via George Downes Drive.
- Main Road 453 - Elderslie Road from the New England Highway to the Singleton boundary.
- Main Road 7767 - Broke Road from Wine Country Drive, Cessnock to the Singleton boundary west of Hermitage Road, Pokolbin.
- Lovedale Road, Lovedale
- Buchanan Road, Buchanan
Maintenance works programmes are prepared for each area from Council inspections and customer requests, with maintenance works programmed on a priority basis.