Love a good ghost story? Seen any Cessnock spectres? Come to Cessnock Library if you dare for a fascinating journey into the unknown! Renata Daniel and Anne Rzechowicz will speak about ghosts, urban myths and true encounters.Read More
Grants and Sponsorships
Community Grants and Funding Assistance
Is your community group keen to access grants funding but don’t know where to start?
Firstly, is your group:
- Incorporated, Not-for-profit or has at least an ABN?
- not wanting to apply for operational costs or retrospective funding?
Secondly, does it have:
- a clearly defined project that results in wide community outcomes?
- a project manager and the capacity and resources to deliver (human, capital or financial)?
- permission from the landowner?
- a clearly scoped project with quotations, costings and strategic alignment?
- a project with a clear start date and end date?
Thirdly, has your group:
- determined the level of in kind or financial support provided in house?
Once you have determined the above you may wish to use Council's grants resources below to ensure you are prepared to seek funding.
These grant writing resources have been made available to assist you.
Useful information includes:
- how to develop your project
- how to source relevant grants
- how to approach grant applications for success
- meeting reporting requirements and providing effective acquittal.
There is also a glossary available to assist you in making sense of the grants jargon. Click the below image to access:
Tools to find funding:
If you need support with your grant application please call 4993 4100.
Is your business keen to access grants funding?
It is important to be aware that the private sector will not be eligible for the majority of grants that are available. There are a few exceptions, but where businesses can apply it usually is for capacity building projects to benefit a collective of business or industry or to grow economic development outcomes such as job creation or innovation. If your business needs assistance, please call to discuss or seek support through our Business website:
Council Funded Grants - Dollar for Dollar
Council has a number of grants and a sponsorship program which provide funding across a range of activities encompassing community, cultural, environmental and economic. The funding and support provided through these programs supports a diverse range of services and projects that directly benefit the Local Government Area. Click the link below for more information about the Council Dollar for Dollar Grants.
(Formally Community Development Support Scheme Expenditure Fund (CDSE) Grant)
Organisations operating or planning community welfare, community development, community health and employment assistance activities are able to apply for funding under the Club Grants Scheme.