18/2017/5: Kurri Kurri District Strategy Consequential Amendments
On 9 July 2018 the Department of Planning and Environment issued a Gateway determination enabling Council to place the Planning Proposal, 18/2017/5/1 – Kurri Kurri District Strategy Consequential Amendments, on exhibition for a minimum of 14 days. This is consistent with Council’s resolution to proceed with this Proposal on 4 April 2018 and as amended on 20 February 2019.
The objective of the Planning Proposal is to amend the Cessnock Local Environmental Plan 2011 (the ‘LEP 2011’) to achieve the following outcomes:
- Delete subclause 4.1(4A)(a) – ‘T1’ lot size restrictions – from the LEP 2011 and amend the relevant lot size maps.
- Include a new development standard, based on the Department’s model clause 4.1B, requiring a minimum lot size of 600m2 (excluding the area of any access handle) for dual occupancy development in the R2 Low Density Residential Zone.
- Amend the IN2 Light Industrial Zone Land Use Table by including landscaping material supplies, plant nurseries and vehicle sales or hire premises as permissible with consent and pubs and hotel or motel accommodation as prohibited.
- Rectify minor mapping anomalies identified within the Kurri Kurri District.
The Planning Proposal is on public exhibition for a period of 14 days from 17 April 2019 to 6 May 2019 and can be viewed below:
- Gateway determination;
- Amended Gateway determination;
- Planning Proposal; and
- Council Report and Minutes.
Hard copies of the documentation can be viewed at the following locations:
- Council’s Administration Building (Customer Services Section); and
- Council’s public
Any person may make a written submission in relation to the Planning Proposal. Any views expressed in written submissions will be considered by Council before a final decision is made on whether or not the draft Plan should be made.
In order to be considered by Council, submissions must be received by 5.00pm on 6 May 2019 and should quote “18/2017/5 – Kurri Kurri District Strategy Consequential Amendments”. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager and can be submitted via:
- Email to email@example.com; or
- Post to PO Box 152, CESSNOCK NSW 2325
Submissions are NOT kept confidential. Council releases submissions when a request is made in accordance with privacy laws and the relevant provisions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. When a submission is released by law, Council routinely withholds contact numbers, email addresses and signatures. Should you wish for all personal details or any information that may identify you to be withheld from the public, please advise Council of this in your submission.
Any enquiries should be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning section on 02 4993 4155.