18/2017/2: City Wide (Part 6) Housekeeping Amendment 2017
On 11 September 2017 the Department of Planning and Environment issued a conditional Gateway Determination for the Planning Proposal 18/2017/2/1 –City Wide (Part 6) Housekeeping Amendment 2017. On 12 February 2018 the Department issued an alteration to the Gateway Determination enabling Council to place the Planning Proposal on exhibition for a period of 28 days. This is consistent with Council’s resolution to proceed with this Proposal at its Ordinary Meeting held 15 March 2017.
The Planning Proposal intends to:
- Rezone land recently added to the National Parks Estate;
- Resolve a mapping anomaly in the B3 - Commercial Core Zone in Cessnock;
- Amend the IN2 - Light Industrial zone to permit with consent ‘General Industry’;
- Resolve issues relating to minimum lot sizes for subdivision for RU2 Rural Landscape, RU5 - Village and R5 - Large Lot Residential split zones.
Documents associated with the proposal are available below:
- Planning Proposal
- Gateway Determination
- Amended Gateway Determination
- Office of Environment and Heritage - Notice of acquisition
- Council Report and Minutes
The Planning Proposal is on public exhibition for a period of twenty eight (28) days from 28 February 2018 until 28 March 2018 and can be viewed at the following locations:
- Council’s Administration Building (Customer Services Section); and
- Cessnock and Kurri Kurri Libraries.
Any person may make a written submission in relation to the Planning Proposal. Any views expressed in written submissions will be considered by Council before a final decision is made on whether or not the draft Plan should be made.
In order to be considered by Council, submissions must be received by 5.00pm on 28 March 2018 and should quote “18/2017/2/1 – Planning Proposal – City Wide (Part 6) – Housekeeping Amendment 2017”. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager and can be submitted via email or post.
|The General Manager||The General Manager|
|Cessnock City Council||Cessnock City Council|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||PO Box 152|
|CESSNOCK NSW 2325|
Submissions are NOT kept confidential. Council releases submissions when a request is made in accordance with privacy laws and the relevant provisions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. When a submission is released by law, Council routinely withholds contact numbers, email addresses and signatures. Should you wish for all personal details or any information that may identify you to be withheld from the public, please advise Council of this in your submission.
Any enquiries should be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning unit on 4993 4168.