How much plastic is there in your life? Are you trying to go plastic free? Come and listen to Hunter local, Christina Robberds who will reveal some of the secrets to living plastic free at Cessnock City Library next week.Read More
18 2017 7: Planning Proposal Reclassification and Rezone various properties at Aberdare, Cessnock, East Branxton and Kitchener
On 31 July 2018 the Department of Planning and Environment issued Council a Gateway determination enabling Council to place the Planning Proposal, 18/2017/7/1 – Reclassification and Rezone various properties at Aberdare, Cessnock, East Branxton and Kitchener on exhibition for a period of 28 days. This is consistent with Council’s resolution to proceed with this Proposal at its Ordinary Meeting held on 4 April 2018.
The purpose of the Planning Proposal is to reclassify the following properties from community to operational:
- Lot 18 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 62 Cessnock Street, Aberdare
- Lot 17 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 64 Cessnock Street, Aberdare
- Lot 16 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 66 Cessnock Street Aberdare
- Lot 15 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 68 Cessnock Street, Aberdare
- Lot 14 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 70 Cessnock Street, Aberdare
- Lot 13 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 72 Cessnock Street, Aberdare
- Lot 12 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 74 Cessnock Street Aberdare
- Lot 11 Sec 46 DP 758002 – 76 Cessnock Street Aberdare
- Lot 3 Sec J DP 4927 – 6 William Street, Cessnock
- Lot 7 Sec A DP – 16A Stephen Street, Cessnock
- Lot 507 DP 755215 – 10 Quorrobolong Road Cessnock
- Lot 508 DP 755215 – 12 Quorrobolong Road Cessnock
- Lot 9 DP: 259718 – 26 Tulloch Street East Branxton
- Lot 9 Sec 15 DP 758576 – 29 Cessnock Street, Kitchener
- Lot 10 Sec 15 DP 758576 – 31 Cessnock Street, Kitchener
- Lot 11 Sec 15 DP 758576 – 29 Aberdare Street, Kitchener
- Lot 12 Sec 15 DP 758576 – 27 Aberdare Street, Kitchener
The Planning Proposal also seeks to rezone the Lot 7 Sec A DP5015 16A Stephen Street Cessnock from RE1 Public Recreation to R3 Medium Density Residental and amend the Mininmum Lot Size to 450m2.
The Planning Proposal is on public exhibition for a period of 28 days from 15 August 2018 - 14 September 2018.
Hard copies can be viewed at the following locations:
- Council’s Administration Building (Customer Services Section);
- Cessnock Public Library; and
- Kurri Kurri Library.
The following is the link to Council's Recreation and Open Space Strategic Plan 2018
Any person may make a written submission in relation to the Planning Proposal. Any views expressed in written submissions will be considered by Council before a final decision is made on whether or not the draft Plan should be made.
In order to be considered by Council, submissions must be received by 5.00pm on 14 September 2018 and should quote “18/2017/7/1 – Reclassification/Rezone Properties at Aberdare, Cessnock, East Branxton and Kitchener”. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager and can be submitted via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Post to PO Box 152, CESSNOCK NSW 2325
Submissions are NOT kept confidential. Council releases submissions when a request is made in accordance with privacy laws and the relevant provisions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. When a submission is released by law, Council routinely withholds contact numbers, email addresses and signatures. Should you wish for all personal details or any information that may identify you to be withheld from the public, please advise Council of this in your submission.
Any enquiries should be directed to Council’s Senior Strategic Planner, Ian Shillington on 02 4993 4100.