As a region we're experiencing the lowest water levels in our dams in over two decades. Level 2 water restrictions apply to all properties connected to Hunter Water's water supply network in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
Cessnock, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Dungog and small parts of Singleton.View a map of our area of operations
All members of the community are invited to join our celebrations for Australia Day. We are already looking forward to planning a great celebration for Australia Day 2020. We'll let you know closer to the date what we have planned.
Australia Day Awards 2020
Nominations for the 2020 Australia Day Awards are now open!
Each year, we celebrate Australia Day by hosting an awards ceremony to recognise those in our community who make a difference.
We are currently inviting nominations under a number of award categories, including Citizen of the Year, Senior Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year, Community Event, Sports, Environment, Heritage, the Maree Callaghan Young Female Achiever and Community Awards.
Applications are now due by Friday 13 December 2019.
Nomination form instructions:
- Download the editable PDF nomination form below and save to your computer. It's important that you complete the nomination form from the saved file on your computer (not in an internet browser).
- Complete and submit your nomination by following the instructions at the bottom of the form.
2019 Australia Day Award Recipients
- Citizen of the Year, Geoff Walker
- Senior Citizen on the Year, Mr John & Mrs Robbie Forsyth
- Young Citizen on the Year, Cooper Field
- Community Event of the Year, Kearsley Dawn Service
- Sport Award, Dorothy Heath
- Heritage Award, Carl Hoipo
- Maree Callaghan Award – Young Female Achiever, Olivia Palfreyman
- Community Award, Dale Goldie
- Community Award, Kylie Gray
- Community Award, Lorraine Giddins
- Community Award, Danny Hoggan