All monumental masons carrying out works in Cessnock City Council cemeteries must be licensed by Cessnock City Council.
These licences are valid for 12 months and are issued at the beginning of each financial year.
Monumental Masons applying for a licence must provide the following paperwork:
- Application for Licence to Work in Council Cemeteries
- Certificate of Currency or Public Liability Insurance (to the value of $10,000,000.)
- Cemetery Contractor Checklist
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Toolbox Checklist
- A copy of Construction Green Card for EACH employee who will be visiting/working on the site
A licence will be issued to each employee who carries a current Green Card. These licences must be carried at all times when working.
Once a monumental mason is licenced by Cessnock City Council, and wishes to carry out works in one of Council’s cemeteries, they must fill out an Application for Monumental Work form. This form must be completed for each individual monument and must be submitted to Council at least 48 hours before any works take place.
Council will then assess the application and if approved, send a copy back to the monumental mason. This is authorisation for the works to go ahead.
A copy of this approved paperwork must be carried at all times while working in Council Cemeteries.
If you require any further information about these processes, please contact Council’s Cemetery Team on 4993 4220.