Cessnock City Council is excited to announce Narelle Campbell as our 2018 Australia Day Ambassador, who will no doubt give an interesting address at our official Australia Day celebrations after leading four ‘over winter’ teams in the remote Australian Antarctic Territory.Read More
All grave diggers carrying out works in Cessnock City Council cemeteries must be licensed by Cessnock City Council.
These licences are valid for 12 months and are issued at the beginning of each financial year.
Grave diggers applying for a licence must provide the following paperwork:
- Application for Licence to Work in Council Cemeteries
- Certificate of Currency or Public Liability Insurance (to the value of $10,000,000.)
- Cemetery Contractor Checklist
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Toolbox Checklist
- A copy of Construction Green Card for EACH employee who will be visiting/working on the site
A licence will be issued to each employee who carries a current Green Card. These licences must be carried at all times when working.
Once a grave digger is licensed by Cessnock City Council, and wishes to carry out works in one of Council’s cemeteries, they will liaise directly with the funeral director undertaking the funeral. A grave digger should check with the funeral director to ensure they have the correct authorised paperwork to go ahead with the burial.
If you require any further information about these processes, please contact Council’s Cemetery Team on 4993 4220.