Cessnock City Council has secured $3.65 million under the NSW Government’s Restart NSW Resources for Regions Fund to commence the Commercial Centre Masterplan for Kurri Kurri.Read More
Council currently manages and maintains ten general cemeteries and two lawn cemeteries throughout the Cessnock LGA. These include:
- Aberdare Cemetery, Greta Street, and The Gordon Williams Memorial Lawn Cemetery, Greta Street, Aberdare
- Branxton Cemetery, New England Highway, Branxton
- Cessnock Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Cessnock
- Ellalong Cemetery, Helena Street, Ellalong
- Glenmore Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Rothbury
- Greta Cemetery, Evans Street, Greta
- Kurri Kurri Cemetery and Kurri Kurri Lawn Cemetery, Hospital Road, Weston
- Millfield Cemetery, Crump Street, Millfield
- Rothbury Cemetery, Wilderness Road, Rothbury
- Wollombi Cemetery, Maitland Road, Wollombi
The Cessnock City Council Cemetery Strategy was adopted by Council in 2009 and is currently under review.
The Cessnock City Council Cemeteries Masterplan covers the 12 cemeteries managed by Council and was formally adopted on 3 April 2019.
The Masterplan provides a local scale planning framework for the future development of cemeteries managed by Council and it will be implemented via a staged approach subject to resources.