Councils across Australia backed Cessnock City Council’s motion at the National General Assembly of Local Government, urging the Federal Government to step in and address growing local infrastructure backlogs, while as the same time generating work creating national economic stimulus.Read More
Council currently manages and maintains ten general cemeteries and two lawn cemeteries throughout the Cessnock LGA. These include:
- Aberdare Cemetery, Greta Street, and The Gordon Williams Memorial Lawn Cemetery, Greta Street, Aberdare
- Branxton Cemetery, New England Highway, Branxton
- Cessnock Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Cessnock
- Ellalong Cemetery, Helena Street, Ellalong
- Greta Cemetery, Evans Street, Greta
- Kurri Kurri Cemetery and Kurri Kurri Lawn Cemetery, Hospital Road, Weston
- Millfield Cemetery, Crump Street, Millfield
- Rothbury Cemetery, Wilderness Road, Rothbury
- Glenmore Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Rothbury
- Wollombi Cemetery, Maitland Road, Wollombi
The Cessnock City Council Cemetery Strategy was adopted by Council in 2009.
The purpose of the is to examine the current operation of Council cemeteries and outline recommendations for the future provision of efficient and effective cemetery services in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
The Strategy is due for review in 2015/16.
A list of all burials in Cessnock Cemeteries current as of 19 November 2015