Cessnock City Council is asking the community for feedback on proposed locations for the installation of banner poles in Weston, Greta and Wollombi.Read More
Council currently manages and maintains ten general cemeteries and two lawn cemeteries throughout the Cessnock LGA. These include:
- Aberdare Cemetery, Greta Street, and The Gordon Williams Memorial Lawn Cemetery, Greta Street, Aberdare
- Branxton Cemetery, New England Highway, Branxton
- Cessnock Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Cessnock
- Ellalong Cemetery, Helena Street, Ellalong
- Glenmore Cemetery, Wine Country Drive, Rothbury
- Greta Cemetery, Evans Street, Greta
- Kurri Kurri Cemetery and Kurri Kurri Lawn Cemetery, Hospital Road, Weston
- Millfield Cemetery, Crump Street, Millfield
- Rothbury Cemetery, Wilderness Road, Rothbury
The Cessnock City Council Cemetery Strategy was adopted by Council in 2009.
The purpose of the is to examine the current operation of Council cemeteries and outline recommendations for the future provision of efficient and effective cemetery services in the Cessnock Local Government Area.
The Strategy is currently under review.