How much plastic is there in your life? Are you trying to go plastic free? Come and listen to Hunter local, Christina Robberds who will reveal some of the secrets to living plastic free at Cessnock City Library next week.Read More
Advance Cessnock City is a strategic partnership between Cessnock City Council, local Chambers of Commerce, and key business leaders across the region. The partnership was established to bring together economic development stakeholders to capitalise on our advantages as a region and to realise a shared vision of future economic resilience and prosperity in the Cessnock local government area. Advance Cessnock City leverages the combined knowledge and resources of the strategic partners to advance economic development through business growth and investment opportunities in our region. To develop and implement business retention, growth, and investment programs, Advance Cessnock City needs to create an environment conducive to good business. Partnering with local Chambers of Commerce and Business Associations is fundamental to achieving this.
For more information about Advance Cessnock City, please contact the Council’s Economic Development Unit:
The Economic Development Unit
The Economic Development Unit (EDU) is responsible for driving the strategic direction of Council’s Economic Development Strategy for the Cessnock local government area. The EDU has its finger on Cessnock City’s economic pulse, staying up-to-date through rigorous local research and targeted community engagement activities. We believe in our business community and actively pursue activities in order to contribute to business growth, job creation and economic resilience of the region. The EDU are working towards improving the economic wellbeing of Cessnock City through efforts focussed on strengthening local businesses, attracting investment and encouraging and facilitating economic growth.
Our objectives are to:
- Support creation of local long term and stable employment opportunities.
- Enable and encourage diverse and long term appropriate investment in our economy (built, environment, human).
- Attract business, government and industry to establish or expand locally to mitigate reliance on dominant industries.
- Promote ongoing investment in a skilled workforce.
- Strengthen the local economy and improve resilience through recognising the need to enhance Cessnock local government area’s amenity, image and quality of life.
- Develop mutually beneficial cooperative partnerships across the community.
- Respond and adapt appropriately to changes within our economy and recognise future opportunities.
The Economic Development Unit formulated its Economic Development Strategy in line with Council’s vision for 2023 to ‘be a cohesive and welcoming community living in an attractive and sustainable rural environment with a diversity of business and employment opportunities supported by accessible infrastructure and services which effectively meet community needs.’
Contact the Economic Development Unit at Cessnock City Council:
Phone: 02 4993 4257