The team at Cessnock Library is excited to launch a book written by late local historian Jack Delaney, Our Letters, The Mail Goes Through, which reveals the rich history of our local post offices.Read More
Walking Your Dog
Dogs are required to be restrained while in a public place with the exception of prescribed dog exercise areas.
These areas are:
- The southern portion of Varty Park, Weston
- The eastern portion of Greta Central Park, Greta
- Stanford Merthyr Park at Maitland Street, Stanford Merthyr
- Northern end of Manning Park, Blackwood Avenue, Cessnock
- Hall Park, West Cessnock
- The very western end of Miller Park, Branxton
While dogs are allowed on these reserves unleashed, their owner remains liable for prosecution if the animals attack another person or dog or cause a nuisance to people.
Dogs allowed to run loose and unsupervised are major problems for residents and Council. They cause considerable work for Council, and irresponsible dog owners are finding themselves facing substantial fines and/or court action as a result of not controlling their pets properly.
On-the-spot fines are issued for an unregistered dog or unleashed dog, or for a dog found defecating in a public place, and the owner fails to clean up after the animal.