Love a good ghost story? Seen any Cessnock spectres? Come to Cessnock Library if you dare for a fascinating journey into the unknown! Renata Daniel and Anne Rzechowicz will speak about ghosts, urban myths and true encounters.Read More
Access & Inclusion
Disability Inclusion Action Plan
Cessnock City Council's Draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan (the Plan) is now on exhibition.
The Plan will provide Council with a strategic framework for how it can play its part in removing barriers to ensure people with a disability have equal opportunity to participate and have inclusion in the community.
The Plan has a focus on:-
- Liveable communities, including improvements to the physical environment
- Positive community attitudes and the inclusion of people in the community
- Equal access to services, facilities and community spaces
- Encouraging employment opportunities for people with a disability
- Accessible communication formats that support people who have a vision impairment, hearing loss, learning difficulties and/or co-ordination difficulties