Rules and Expectations
CYCOS needs to consider the safety of all members who attend the service, the youth workers who supervise drop-in sessions and special programs as well as other community members.
In line with this responsibility CYCOS enforces a code of conduct for all members.
- No drugs or alcohol on youth centre premises, on you or in you.
- No drug implements (such as bongs or pipes) to be brought into the centre.
- No smoking on the premises (including outside).
- No drug dealing in or near the youth centre.
- No weapons of any sort on youth centre premises.
- No violence towards anyone, physical or verbal.
- Respect other people (this includes staff)
- No swearing
- Everyone has an equal say in what music is played and volume should be at a reasonable level.
- Anyone deliberately abusing, misusing or breaking equipment will be expected to pay for a replacement. Please report any accidental breakages to staff, you will not be penalised for that.
- No graffiti writing or defacing the centre or its contents in anyway.
- I understand that once the curfew is in place (after 6:00pm) I can no longer come and go from the centre and if I choose to leave the centre after 6:00pm I am not able to return that evening
- I understand that when I am attending the youth centre that I am responsible for my own behaviour and the safety of my property.· I agree to sign the attendance book when visiting the youth centre.
- I understand that the above agreement applies on CYCOS excursions and activities away from the youth centre.
- I understand the penalties imposed for breaching youth centre rules and this may include time-out from attending the youth centre.
I also understand that CYCOS staff are not responsible for me if I leave the youth centre premises of my own accord.